The Podium joins Guitar Rodeo

Posted on June 18, 2013 by GuitarRodeo There have been 26 comment(s)

"The Podium lives! The Podium will continue to serve the premium acoustic guitar community and move it's location the existing Guitar Rodeo Company storefront. Effective July 1, The Podium will be found at 4151 Minnehaha Avenue in Minneapolis. All of our phone and internet contact information remains the same, as does our selection of fine instruments and outstanding customer service.

Yes, we here at Guitar Rodeo are thrilled to become The Podium, the long revered premium shop in our home town of Minneapolis. While we have been a full service shop for years, this exciting partnership will put many premium brands aboard over the next couple of weeks. Please notice our expanded six day shop hours. Stay tuned for more developments. We will blog about these as we find our way through the changes to come. Thank you for your patronage and support over the years. This is a good thing. Jim

This post was posted in Uncategorized, Guitars, News

26 Responses to The Podium joins Guitar Rodeo

• Marty B says:

Great News. Are you going to be expanding your space?

Posted on June 18, 2013 at 9:34 pm

• Steve says:

This is a 'marriage made in heaven' for those of us who have come to appreciate both Guitar Rodeo and The Podium....

Posted on June 19, 2013 at 8:12 am

• Marty-We do not have much more or less room than the Podium did. we will re-configure what we have and stay nimble. Will that work for you?

Posted on June 19, 2013 at 9:08 am

• Fantastic! I'd never heard of Guitar Rodeo, but now it's my favorite store.
    Now if you just offer pipes and tobacco like the Podium did in the beginning, I'll just move into a small corner of your basement and we'll have a perfectly ameiable relationship.
    Best of luck!

Posted on June 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm

• I'm happy to see the Podium lives on!

I loved the demo recordings that the Podium produced for each guitar. It really keeps me interested in the website and keeps me in constant search mode for the next perfect guitar!!

Good luck in this new partnership!

Posted on June 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm

• Marty B says:

...well...as long as you can get a BAZILLION guitars out at once for me to slobber over...

Posted on June 20, 2013 at 7:59 pm

• Tom says:

I am elated by the good news. The Podium has been my favorite store for years. I am certain there are other fine stores in the Twin Cities but as Dorothy said in the Wizzard of Oz as she clicked her Ruby clad heels together "there is no place like home". Congratulations. Tom

Posted on July 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

• This is awesome news, even more so because it adds to the really interesting revival of this stretch of Minnehaha Ave that's been all too quietly underway for a few years now.

Posted on July 5, 2013 at 3:09 pm

• I left Minnesota, relocating to Tennessee, hearing that The Podium was closing doors. Sad news. Hearing that the Rodeo and the Podium are joining forces is very good news to hear. I've done business with both and it's sounding like a real good fit to me. Best of luck to all.

Posted on July 5, 2013 at 5:27 pm

• Whew, that was a close one. From the thought of losing a national treasure to the bonus of the two bests stores at once! Tragedy averted. Thanks Jeff and Jim.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 8:36 pm

• Maury says:

Congratulations! I've heard nothing but accolades about the Podium and Guitar Rodeo. Here's to a great future for you & your customers!

Posted on July 19, 2013 at 2:21 pm

• Layne,

Although Marty will not be working in house, he will still be doing repairs for us upon request. We also have another skilled luthier, Jed, doing maintenance and repairs as well. Just drop your instrument off at the shop and Marty will come by and pick it up. Thanks

Posted on July 25, 2013 at 9:40 am

• Maury,
    Thank you so much for the kind words.

Posted on July 25, 2013 at 9:43 am

• Good development. Will Marty continue to be the repair/ service tech?

Posted on July 25, 2013 at 2:09 pm

• Jeff,

We still have that guitar at our new location. Thank you!

Posted on July 30, 2013 at 10:09 am

• Jeff says:

Are the Bourgeois guitars that the Podium had still available? There was a short scale slope dreadnaught in EIR/ sunburst sitka that I really liked.

Posted on July 30, 2013 at 3:04 pm

• That Bourgeois is here. More of them are coming we have a Banjo Killer that just showed as well as a Soloist Brazilian.....

Posted on July 31, 2013 at 5:08 am

• Great news I feel better already I did not no where to find my next great guitar When I heard the podium was closing, I will miss the great staff, that was there , but I am sure the new partnership will have the same service, Look forward, to seeing you soon BP,

Posted on July 31, 2013 at 12:08 pm

• We are in the process of reevaluating our mandolin selection. We are taking a hard look at J Bovier mandos and are still considering others. The J Bovier should be here in just a few weeks...

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 5:34 am

• Bill M says:

How's your mandolin selection?

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:05 am

• sigh, well I am hoping that i get the same guitar rodeo that i bought my last guitar from. Sorry but I was not a fan of the service I got from The Podium but the guitar rodeo people was great. I have bought Taylors from both and I am not to happy to see that my Taylor dealer is gone from all i can think of is because of what happened between The Podium and Taylor Guitars. In the end the posh small guitar companies seem a bit out of my price point and now I am not seeing anything that I really am interested.

Posted on August 10, 2013 at 7:20 pm

• Eric,

Both me and my father (Jim and James) are both still here. The name and the inventory have changed, because it was a logical step forward for our business. The same great service you enjoyed while visiting us at Guitar Rodeo lives on, and we would be thrilled if you would come by the shop to see our progress. Our inventory is making its way onto the website and we hope to have it completely updated over the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks,

James

Posted on August 13, 2013 at 7:48 am

• Greg N. says:

Sweet, congrats Jim and James! I am thrilled to hear about your new venture. It must of been ment to be... purch. my 2000-814 from the Podium and my 2000-355 from you!

Did you by chance get Marty Reynolds to continue his work with you too?

Posted on September 15, 2013 at 9:23 pm

• Yes. Marty and Jed still do luthier work for the Podium. Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you in the shop soon. Jim

Posted on September 16, 2013 at 5:46 am

• John,

We hope to have Collings at some point. We still honor the set ups, as long as you continue to be our customer :)

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

• John says:

Sounds good that Marty and Jed still do work for the Podium. I bought a Collings from the old location several years ago and would bring it in every year or so for the free setup check. Will you still honor that at this new location, I see that Collings are now longer carried there?

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 1:06 pm